Saturday, July 5, 2008

Entitlement

It seems that a growing number of children/adolescents ... hell, even adults ... are existing in their own sense of entitlement. This particular group of people seems to think that everything should be handed to them, and that they should not be held responsible for their actions because there's always someone/something they can blame it on. And why aren't more parents teaching their children common courtesy and manners?

Check out Mom-101. She has some great blogs about etiquette.

I can only hope that Brandt will learn from my actions, as well as Joe's, because I want my child to be polite to others. And he will know what it means to be personally accountable for his actions. I will not raise a child who feels entitled. That's irresponsible.

1 comment:

Short and Sweet said...

AMEN! and good for you. I hope that Dad and I instilled that in you...I see you as a compassionate and very responsible lady. I know that you and Joe will raise Brandt to appreciate people and things and not expect to get whatever he wants whenever he wants. You are doing a fantastic job as a mother just as you did a terrific job at being a daughter. We love you.