Thursday, October 16, 2008

24 Hours of Poor Planning

I had a job interview yesterday. It was over the phone. Just 25 minutes or so. I don't know why I didn't ask someone to watch Brandt during that time, but I didn't. And I screwed myself over. I figured that I could put a show on TV for Brandt and that he would maintain his hypnotic trance for 30 minutes. Of course that didn't happen. Instead he followed me around saying, "Mama? Mama? Mama?" and then he wanted to go in the car and proceeded to shout, "Car! Car! Car!" I actually had good answers to the interview questions, but I doubt I'll get called back because of my seemingly distracted situation. And because I didn't plan well enough to know that my kid wouldn't sit quietly for the 30 minutes I needed him to. Of course when I called my mom after the interview to tell her how miserable it was, that was when Brandt stayed quiet and watched Sesame Street for 20 minutes. Of course.

Also, I must really learn that I cannot eat anything within 2 hours of taking a Body Attack class. Even though I had a light dinner, all the bouncing and jumping and running upset my stomach. I went to the gym for class last night at 6:40, because after the interview I felt the need to release some stress. I just wish I hadn't eaten until after class. Bleh.

And the one night Joe and I decide to stay up and watch a 9pm show through it's entirety, only to actually fall asleep somewhere around 10:45 ... that is when Brandt decides to wake up before 5am the next morning. That's the one thing I miss most about my pre-baby days ... the ability to sleep in on the weekends. If we stayed out or up late at night, we could always recharge on Saturday or Sunday morning by sleeping past 7am. We no longer have that luxury. But he's a good kid, so I won't complain too much.

No comments: