Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Crack for Children ... and How My Cat Annoys Me

Seriously, what is with Elmo? My kid stops whatever he is doing as soon as he hears "Elmo's World" on Sesame Street. His eyes become fixated on the television and they start to glaze over, drool starts to accumulate .... he is hypnotized.

Which works out very well for me when I want to check my email or write a quick blog post uninterrupted for 10 minutes.

And my cat is walking a fine line between life and life-locked-inside-the-bathroom. He kept me up last night off and on for what felt like hours. He walks on my head, tries to curl up behind my head and inevitably lays on my hair, which hurts. Then he starts grooming himself. Right next to my ear. Lick, lick, lick, lick, lick. LICK! I don't know how many times I picked him up and tossed him to the foot of the bed. He kept coming back. Now that the weather is changing I think he likes to keep warm by my head, but for God's sake ... he's wearing a damn fur coat and the house doesn't get cooler than 76 degrees! He doesn't know what cold is.

No comments: