Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I Probably Shouldn't Tell You This ...

Because it's not 100%, even though I have made the hotel reservations. BUT, we are probably going to Disneyland next week and I cannot stop dancing around the house and looking at disneyland.com to get in the spirit.

You don't understand. To most people, Disneyland is just Disneyland. Like someplace you go with your kid and shell out $1000+ on crap and food and more crap. But for me, planning a trip to Disneyland is a very calculated experience where I reserach the hell out of every hotel and compare prices on priceline, travelocity, expedia, and hotels. Priceline was the cheapest by the way.

We are doing it road trip style, so I don't know how Brandt will do in the car for 7+ hours, since he usually starts to get cranky at the hour 45 mark right before we get to my parents' house when we go to Chandler. But I do plan to bring the portable DVD and a few of his favorites: Cars, Letter Factory ... and probably some Elmo that I will check out of the library. And snacks. Lots of snacks.

The small details haven't yet been finalized, but I reserved the hotel so I feel like it's almost set in stone. I'm pretty sure we'll drive to L.A. Tuesday and go to the beach and Downtown Disney, spend Wednesday at Disneyland, and drive back Thursday. I know it's kind of whirlwind, but we don't want to spend a ton of money and I still haven't been able to convince Joe that you really need 3 days (minimum) of Disneyland to get your time and money's worth. So we are just going one day.

The one ting I haven't done yet ... tell my parents. This is a big deal for them, too ... especially my dad. I will tell them after I post this, because within hours my mom will be reading it anyway. This trip is just for me, Joe and Brandt ... I hope it doesn't rustle any feathers.

5 comments:

Short and Sweet said...

No feathers ruffled on this end....just have fun and take plenty of pictures. The driving part makes me crazy and keep an eye on Brandt. Don't forget that we "lost" you at Knott's Berry Farm when you were young because I thought that Dad had you and vice versa. What a nightmare! You were "lost" for less than a minute but it seemed like a lifetime complete with a lot of tears and blood pressure as high as the sky.

Anonymous said...

Can Carter, Dave and I go? How fun!

Colleen said...

We are going the following week, and I am just like you! I calculated the CRAP out of the trip. I have my reservation at restaurants, everything but the itinerary is printed, SOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED, my kids are about ready to jump out of their skin. FYI, the week before the Super Bowl is dead, so if you ever want to plan it around that, you can. The guy working told us that last time we just happened to be there, but no one goes the week before Super Bowl, and he is right, it was DEAD! Now, I plan my trip around that date!

Karen said...

That's good to know about the week before the Super Bowl ... we decided to do the trip last minute since Joe will have some time off next week. But for future planning I will definitely keep that in mind!

Darna said...

When Alex was younger we went on a road trip to San Diego. Other than the magical DVD player, what saved us was stopping to let him run around every couple of hours or so and bringing a bag full of goodies, toys, crayons, etc. that he had never been allowed to play with or had never seen before. Good luck!