Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Waste

It's no secret that I didn't vote for Obama, although I must admit that I was inspired by a lot of his speeches because he is definitely a great public speaker. And I really did want to believe in a lot of his campaign, because let's face it ... it all sounded great ... in theory. And I do think he began his presidential career at a crappy time because of our economy. But it does sound to me like he might make things worse ...

http://www.azstarnet.com/allheadlines/282750

Although Obama pledges to Slash Wasteful Spending

But some of the comments on the above article really hit home with me and make a lot of sense.

There is no simple solution, obviously. And it's going to be a rough few years of more loss and high unemployment. I wish President Obama the best of luck, because he needs it. I just wish people would stop acting as if he is the wonderfully perfect solution to politics.

And before I get comments telling me I'm stupid and wrong ... let's end this with one simple statement: "Let's agree to disagree."

5 comments:

Short and Sweet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Short and Sweet said...

Good job, Karen. I voted for McCain but I, too, was caught up in the excitement of Obama's promises for a better future and a cut in spending. Too bad neither has happened!

Short and Sweet said...

I forgot to add that as I type this comment your father is meeting with our financial advisor to see what we can do about our huge retirement stock loss. You might be inheriting pennies instead of dollars! There hasn't been much accountability in our government for ages and now we are literally paying the price. The lobbyists have to be reigned in or this bleeding will never stop. Let's not forget about the corruption in corporate America or the greed and deceit of many that have caused so many Americans to lose confidence in our illustrious government.

Colleen said...

I want to leave a comment so bad, but I am just completely overwhelmed with the state of our economy. I don't know who to blame! All I know is that if I were to create my own country, there would be a handful of people that I consider responsible enough to join my society!

Anonymous said...

I agree to disagree! And, I respect you for having educated, informed opinions. Differing voices are what make our democracy strong!