Monday, December 28, 2009

Making Changes

I'm going to try to quit coffee. I drink a lot, and although it's decaf I'm sure I'm still drinking way too much. So this morning I had my first cup of decaf green tea.

I need to lay off the food because over the past week I really over indulged. And I know that happens around the holidays, but for real ... I think I ate almost a whole pumpkin pie over the course of 4 days. I need to start working on losing the baby weight. I can't rejoin my gym just yet because I don't want to take Lillian to the child care place there until she's older because of flu season. So I'm going to go workout when my parents can watch Lillian & Brandt, or on the weekend when Joe is home. I'm hoping to go this afternoon because my parents are still in town. I really miss it ... I felt great when I was working out regularly.

Last night I slept better, or more accurately, Lillian slept better. The past few nights she wouldn't sleep unless I was holding her. If I put her down, she'd be up 20-30 minutes later. I think I got a total of 8 hours of sleep over 3 nights, so I was not in a good place mentally or physically. And I know it's because she doesn't feel well ... she's been stuffy & hoarse, so she's been dealing with a little cold. But she's starting to feel better because last night she went right back to sleep after eating, so I probably got close to 7 hours of sleep IN ONE NIGHT!! Happy Dance! I know it doesn't last forever and that she will eventually sleep longer at night, and every day gets me closer to that goal. It's just exhausting right now.

No comments: