This recipe has always gotten rave reviews.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Bake Time: 35 minutes
1 lb. ground beef or ground turkey
1 lb. ziti (or penne or mostaccioli, whatever you prefer)
2 jars pasta sauce
6 slices provolone
1 cup sour cream
1 cup shredded mozzarella
1. Bring pot of water to boil.
2. While water is heating, brown & drain mean in skillet.
3. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
4. While pasta is cooking, add both jars of pasta sauce to meat and simmer for 15 minutes. (Season to your liking with oregano, garlic powder, basil, parsley flakes, onion powder)
5. Spray a 9x13 casserole dish with cooking spray.
6. Drain pasta & layer as follows:
1/2 pasta, 1/2 sauce mixture, sliced provolone, sour cream, 1/2 pasta, mozzarella, 1/2 sauce mixture
7. Cover with foil & bake 30-35 minutes.