Monday, February 15, 2010

One Year Ago

I found out I was pregnant on February 15, 2009.  All of those stupid "early" pregnancy tests kept coming out negative so I didn't think I was pregnant.  I don't know why I waste money on those things because even with Brandt they didn't work.  With both pregnancies I finally got a positive result on the day I was supposed to get my period.  Not 4 days early like those tests claim.  In this picture you'll see the faint + sign on the left.  And for those of you who aren't down with the TTC lingo (trying to conceive), 14 DPO means days past ovulation.
Anyway, I had gone to the gym that morning and I stopped at Walgreens on the way back to get another test.  I took it and waited a few minutes and then I saw a faint + sign, so I took it outside where Joe was playing with Brandt and I said, "it's positive."  I don't think it really sunk in for him, though.  Both of my pregnancies didn't seem "real" until the 8 week ultrasound when we saw the heartbeats.  We told my parents on my 29th birthday, March 19th, because I had my 8 week ultrasound on the 18th.  Needless to say they were really excited, my mom especially because she was hoping for a girl.

One year late we have our little girl, Lillian Sarah.

No comments: