Friday, July 9, 2010

Scary Sh*t

The more I read about chemicals and poorly manufactured consumables, tainted foods, massive recalls ... the more I want to move to farm, grow my own food and throw away all my plastic.  The amount of chemicals we are exposed to on a daily basis is ridiculous and we are both clueless and almost helpless when it comes to knowing the truth about the safety everyday products.

I used to think my mom was just an over-reacting hypochondriac (no offense, Mom) but I really think she was on to something when she complained about the inflammation and rashes on her skin after using certain creams, lotions, soaps, etc.  I need to do more to create a safer and healthier environment for my family.



It isn't easy being Green.

1 comment:

Short and Sweet said...

I was not happy to view that video by any means. What can I use instead of perfume, toothpaste, lotion, deodorant, shampoo, makeup, etc.??????
Any ideas?
So that rash that I developed from that body wash was real!!!! It really was a horrible reaction to something that was supposed to make me smell good and enhance my sex appeal (not). Oh, wait, I forgot to use water with that body wash because I thought it was lotion! Perhaps I'll read labels from now on.