Thursday, August 7, 2008

Life's a Bitch

Oh wait ... that's just me.

So ever since I stopped nursing Brandt at the end of April I have had raging cases of PMS, bordering on what people refer to as PMDD. Although when I took their little quiz about PMDD it said I probably don't have it ... but I can assure you that I have NEVER been this hormonally irrational before. Even when I was pregnant.

This is the fourth cycle that I have had since I stopped nursing. All of the periods I had while nursing were completely normal and I did not experience any of the irritability, sudden mood shifts, tension, edginess, anger ... etc. So it has to be some sort of hormonal issue related to the cessation of breastfeeding. I have no idea how long this will last, but let me tell you ... I scare myself sometimes.

I can only hope that my hormones relax a little bit. The few days before my periods are rough ... especially on my husband. God love him, he puts up with me ... and I'm very lucky, because I probably would not put up with me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yikes! If it's that bad, maybe you should talk to your doctor about it. At the very least, post a calendar and put little red flags on the days when we should all just avoid you like the plague. ;-)