Monday, September 1, 2008

Pain In the Neck

And back ... and eyes.

Ugh with a capital "I FEEL LIKE CRAP!"

Saturday started with the eye pain, which I assumed was just a subtle way for my eyes to tell me to take my freaking contacts out already. I ignored the hint. Sunday morning my eyes hurt even worse so I finally caved and took out my contacts. I wore my glasses to work and made do. My eyes still hurt today so I have no idea what the heck is going on. It's not pain in my eyeball, but more of a dull & achy pain in the socket. And it especially smarts when I move my eyes up and down or side to side. So I've become very good at turning my whole head to look at things. Might call the optometrist Tuesday.

Sunday started with the back pain. I worked all day and by the time I left work my upper back underneath my right shoulder was quite tender. I put the heating pad on it before bed which I guess helped a little. But his morning, thanks to both eye and back pain I felt pretty miserable. I called a local massage place that was luckily open and went at 10am for a quick massage. And by massage I don't mean the relaxing, here's a cup of cucumber water while you wait for your appointment in our plush spa robe. I told the therapist what hurt and she dug in and went for it. There was nothing relaxing about it. I knew it was all meant to "fix" my back, but good Lord it wasn't pleasant. And I was sore the rest of the day.

I hope tomorrow is better.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

I have had that eye pain before, and now for the life of me, I cannot remember what it was! Do you get migraines???? Your back and neck probably hurt now from having to turn your whole body all the time. You poor thing! Hope you feel better soon. Pains in the head area always seem to hurt more than other areas. I would rather birth a baby than have a migraine!