Sunday, February 1, 2009

Learning Manners

Brandt has gotten into the habit of shouting one word demands for things that he wants: milk ("beck!"), bananas ("B's!"), Mickey! ... so Joe and I have tried to explain that he needs to ask nicely and say, "please." He has been saying please for a while now, but only if we prompt him. Starting last week he finally figured it out.

B: "BECK!"

Me: "You would like some milk? What do you say?"

B: "Beck ... nicely ... ?"

Since then he's been saying "nicely" instead of "please" when he asks for things, which is super cute and it makes me smile every time. I don't think I'll correct him yet, because saying "nicely" is still kind of polite.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!!!!! Jackson used to call milk, "Goax", and I still tell him about that because I loved it. You will never forget those treasured little words, like Tyler's, "Donkasour"! PRECIOUS!

If Brandt gets "nicely", he has definitely grasped the concept of, "please"!