Monday, February 9, 2009

Two Years Ago Today ...

... I became your mom, whether I was ready or not. And I wasn't entirely ready because no one ever is. The first few months were a blur, with nighttime feedings and many instances self doubt and second guessing and panic. Taking care of you was the hardest thing I have ever had to learn and it's still an ever evolving process. I miss your newborn-ness. Your tiny fingers and toes and your little body that wriggled so slightly. I miss your baby sounds. You used to chirp when you ate and I remember wanting to record the sound because you would eventually out grow it. You did, and I hope we have it recorded somewhere.







Then you grew and got stronger and bigger and one day pulled yourself up. You started crawling and then walking and before I knew it you were turning one. I think I was so grateful to have survived our first year together that I didn't appreciate the nostalgia of the day you were born as much I as appreciate it today. Our days are mostly filled with fun and silliness and laughing, even though we both have our cranky moments. I am in awe of how much you've grown into your own little person, and how beautiful and inspiring it is to experience everyday life through your eyes. You truly are the Best Thing Ever.
Your 2nd Birthday!

1 comment:

Colleen said...

So sweet, Happy Birthday Brandt!!!!!!!!