Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Getting Around To It

I keep thinking of a fun to-do list; things I would love to do if I had extra time on my hands. This is what I've come up with:

1. Go through ALL of our CD's and put my favorite songs on the iPod. I did this a little bit when I first got the iPod a couple years ago, but I never went through all of our music. I would enjoy some fresh music to listen to where I could also reminisce about what was going on in my life when I first listened to those songs. Belinda Carlisle, anyone?

2. Get a few new pieces of furniture. We've been looking for a cushioned leather-type ottoman/coffee table to replace our current kid un-friendly, sharp-cornered, blunt-force-head-trauma-of-a-coffee table. We need something decent looking but cheap, since we have a 2 year-old and another baby on the way. I really don't care if the thing only lasts us 4-5 years, since it will get beaten up by both kids and cat.

3. Planting some prettier bushes in our front courtyard. We have this one plant that looks so pitiful and I really don't care for it, anyway. I'm thinking a nice Bird of Paradise would be good there, something bigger & with more color. Or maybe a Hibiscus. I really suck and keeping indoor plants alive, so I'm trying a lot harder with our outdoor plants. I need ones that are heartier.

That's all I can think of right now, but it's a good start for fun things to try to accomplish this summer.

No comments: