Friday, June 12, 2009

Miscellaneous Update

Joe and I found out yesterday that our second baby will be a girl. It was very exciting and validated my initial suspicion that I was having a girl. Everything on the ultrasound looked good, and the doctor seemed pleased with the baby's development and growth at this point. She's also very happy about my weight gain, since it's been gradual and not excessive like last time. I also double checked about exercising and my doctor still completely recommends I continue what I've been doing. She said she wishes more women exercised while pregnant. I only point this out because I've been asked a few times if I should still be running and/or doing Body Attack. The answer is yes.

Oh, and I also made sure to ask about the left side sleep situation. She said it's fine if I also sleep on my right side, and if I do end up on my back I would wake up short of breath before any harm came to the baby if I happened to be in a position that restricted blood flow. Luckily Joe was at the appointment and heard this information so now I don't have to listen to him constantly correct my sleeping position during the night.

Joe and I saw The Hangover yesterday and I thoroughly enjoyed myself for that 90+ minutes. It is definitely a movie we will have to see again ... and again ... and again, in order to fully appreciate all of the humor. I would also like to point out that Bradley Cooper was very enjoyable to watch, the combination of his long dark hair and blue eyes and little bit of scruff. He did play kind of an ass in this movie, similar to his character in Wedding Crashers, but he was way better looking as Phil than he was as Sack.

Also in the entertainment catergory, I'm really bummed I won't be able to attend a concert in Septempber because it is in Phoenix and I will be 36 weeks pregnant. I really enjoy P!nk and I was so excited to hear that she was headlining in the U.S. since she has mostly only performed in Europe. I saw her I'm Not Dead concert on tv a while back and I was hooked. I guess I will have to wait for this concert to come out on DVD. Here is a clip of one of my favorite songs.


1 comment:

Colleen said...

I saw Pink when she came to town with my beloved, Justin Timberlake, and I have become such a fan, she puts on a GREAT show!

YAY for baby girls, not so YAY for toddler girls-they have major attitude, LOL!