Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Baby Shower

My mom threw a little baby shower for me on Sunday and it was really nice. The theme was "nesting" so everything had bird accents. She did such a nice job with decorations and food, and luckily it was not pink overkill.
These were the place card holders and I really like them a lot. Although my mom thinks this picture would look better if it wasn't crooked. I disagree.

Bird nest cupcakes. Really cute idea where she just got plain cupcakes from Costco and then toasted some coconut and added a few pink jelly beans to the top.

We received very nice gifts and everyone seemed to have a good time. I think the shower flowed nicely and was laid back and not rushed. I enjoyed the day a lot, since it was the first time I have had a full day without Brandt so it was refreshing to be able to just sit and talk with people without getting up every 45 seconds to follow him around. I needed a little break, as evident from my previous post. Hopefully Joe and I will be going to a hotel this Friday night to spend a night together, which it will be nice to reconnect with Joe since we don't get a lot of time to be with each other without also focusing attention on B at the same time. But mostly I'm hoping this weekend will allow us to sleep later than 6am.

No comments: