Thursday, April 8, 2010

How to Feed a Toddler

I'm stuck in a rut with what I feed Brandt.  It's so hard to find new & nutritious meals that he will eat.  I have the same rotation of foods that we go through every few days and I feel like his diet is lacking.  How many times can he eat chicken nuggets (whole grain), pasta, quesadillas, grilled cheese, or salad?  I have to give the kid credit, though, because he's always been a huge fan of salad.  How many 2 & 3 year olds have you seen eat a full plate of lettuce when they're at Peter Piper Pizza?  And he does like green beans, carrots & broccoli.  But I struggle with what to feed him for his main dish.  He doesn't like sandwiches or peanut butter (like father, like son).  Any suggestions on meal ideas that are toddler-friendly?

3 comments:

Short and Sweet said...

CHOCOLATE! I know he likes that.

Colleen said...

I can't help, my kids eat the same rotation, MINUS THE SALAD, you really lucked out on that one! Keep trying though because Tyler would only eat fruit and pizza the first three years of her life, and now she has expanded to eating some meats, HOORAY!

R. Batty said...

I'm afraid I can't really help since I have no idea what foods I liked/ate as a kid, but you might get some ideas from this site: http://lunchinabox.net/

I mostly read that blog to pretend that I might pack myself cute lunches someday (or any lunch, for that matter). But the author also is really resourceful and creative about using leftovers and packing lunches for her toddler, reporting on the things her son didn't like as well as the things he did. And she definitely does not spend all day making meals or anything! So maybe you can find something new on there that will appeal to Brandt's palate :-)