Saturday, April 10, 2010

Letter to the Editor

I wrote a letter to the AZ Daily Star regarding a recent article about nursing moms.  And they printed my letter today.

I applaud the recent articles about the importance of breastfeeding, and I appreciate the "Mama's Latte" story about local women reaching out to help moms be more successful with breastfeeding. I hope the perception of breastfeeding continues to evolve in a positive direction. I would, however, have liked to see information about free support groups that meet at local hospitals. Some women don't have the means to afford private consultations and it's important for them to know about all the resources available to them. I nursed my son for 15 months and am currently breastfeeding my 6 month old daughter. I had tremendous help from the wonderful lactation consultants and free support group at St. Joseph's Hospital. Support and education are vital to be successful at breastfeeding.

See it online here, about the 7th letter down:
AZ Daily Star

No comments: