Monday, July 5, 2010

Cheap & Easy

I finally got around to decorating Lillian's room ... now that she's 8.5 months old.  When I was pregnant we got as far as painting the walls and putting up curtains and a cornice.  I just never decided how I wanted to decorate, and since newborns don't really care what their room looks like, I wasn't in a hurry.

My mom, however, was in a hurry.  And it's been bugging the crap out of her that Lillian's walls were "bare."  So she took matters into her own hands and bought some decorations, which with my mom can be hit or miss since our tastes are usually quite different.  She's more pink & lace & dolls, and I'm ... not.  Much to her disappointment.  But I do have to say that her decoration for Lillian's room was perfect.  And super easy.

The peel & stick wall decals were so easy and they almost match her bedding set, which is Lovebird by Bananafish.  And something else WONDERFUL about the decals: THEY'RE MADE IN THE USA!  Not in China, like almost everything else.  Here's what the tree looks like finished in Lillian's room.

2 comments:

Short and Sweet said...

The tree is awesome! What happened to the hooks, the dresses, and the hanging quilt? Just wondering!!!! Also, I'm not strictly a lace, doll and pink fan...my new blog background just happens to be a coincidence! Seriously, just a complete coincidence.

Colleen said...

SOOOO CUTE! Good JOB!