Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A Wedding? I LOVE Weddings!!

I really do, because there's food and drink and CAKE.  Joe and I went to my friend Patricia's wedding on Sunday at the Ritz Carlton at Dove Mountain.  She's one of the many who got married on 10/10/10.  Clever.  I completely understand, since Joe and I were married on 02/04/06.  I like the number thing.

Anyway, here are a few highlights.  The ceremony was outside in the afternoon, just before sunset.  A beautiful backdrop of the desert with just enough sunlight and rambling minister to make the maid of honor *almost* pass out.  Seriously, the minister was going on and on and on, talking in circles, and a lot of it wasn't relevant to the wedding.  After the maid of honor almost fell down, he wrapped things up.  Which makes me think that maybe she did it on purpose?  In which case I applaud her efforts.


Cocktail hour was wonderful.  As we walked to the outdoor patio area we were greeted with servers carrying trays of wine & beer.  That's one of the many things I love about the Ritz Carlton: the service.  They are always right there with whatever you need, even before you realize you need it.  Wonderful hors d'oeuvres of empanadas, beef wellington, spiced crab puffs, and meats & cheeses.

They did the first dance before dinner, and continuing with recent trends, it was a fun choreographed dance.  They started dancing to "The Way You Look Tonight" and then it morphed into "I Gotta Feeling" by The Black Eyed Peas.  Very entertaining, and I'm bummed I didn't have my camera set to video fast enough.

Dinner consisted of 3 courses: lobster bisque, pear salad, and an entree choice of steak, chicken or fish.  We had steak and it was definitely the right choice.  The filet was very tender and we could cut it with a butter knife.  Later in the evening they served coffee & cake, and while I didn't love the cake as much as I had hoped, I LOVED the coffee.

Then, as Joe and I were walking to the car, I fell down some steps and scraped up my leg.  NOT because I was tipsy, because I wasn't, but because one of the lights on the outdoor steps was out and I didn't know there wasn't a step there.  Pretty.
We got home and my parents had successfully put the kids to bed, although Lillian protested a bit because she's used to me nursing her right before I put her down.  But my mom managed to get her to sleep just fine.  Joe and I had a great time and I'm happy that we were able to go.

No comments: