Sunday, June 7, 2009

Half Baked

Today marks the halfway point in this pregnancy, although I'm pretty sure I was halfway there a week or so ago since I probably won't make it to the full 40 weeks. I took a picture the other day and I've been debating whether or not to post it because I'm in my bathing suit. And women generally don't like pictures of themselves in bathing suits, but add that to being pregnant and you're pretty much guaranteed an unhappy lady. I figured I'd suck it up and just post it, since you can really see the belly better with the bathing suit on.


I've been having trouble sleeping comfortably and I think that's due to the "left side" rule. They say you are supposed to always sleep on your left side when you're pregnant because it puts the least amount of pressure on your organs and arteries. I know I posted before about only being able to sleep on my left side since having Brandt because I got used to it when I was pregnant with him. Since that time I have managed to be cured of my left side syndrome, because now I can't seem to stay comfortable that way. I really want to sleep on my back, but I know that's not the safest position. You always want what you can't have.

Another interesting, um, *development* has been my boobs. Specifically my, um, *headlights* - I sometimes feel like I could be one of those jungle women on a National Geographic documentary with the size of those things, aside from the fact that I'm way too pale to survive in the jungle and I don't have large discs hanging from my ear lobes. Gina told me that a lactation consultant once told her that the "headlights* get larger with each baby ... so yay.

I've been feeling the baby sporadically, mostly in the morning when I'm laying in bed ON MY BACK. That's the easiest way for me to feel it, so if I don't notice movement for a while I will get on the floor and prod around until I feel it poke back. I feel a little more paranoid this time around and I'm not sure why. Although I've been secretly putting 2 scoops of regular coffee in with 2 scoops of my decaf for the past few weeks. Shhhh ... don't tell Joe.

Just for a little comparison with the above picture, here's a picture of me when I was just under 6 weeks. It will be a while before I see that belly again.

No comments: