Saturday, October 17, 2009

Last Call for Bober, Party of 3

Surreal. I have no idea how things are going to change Monday morning, except that it's going to be a lot. This is our last weekend of just the three of us, and so far all we have done is get vaccinated against the pig flu. Which was an agonizing decision for me since it's such a new vaccine and I don't fully know what the potential side effects are. But I did speak with a nurse at the hospital, who called the OB on-call who said it wouldn't be a bad idea to get B vaccinated since he goes to school a few days a week and has a higher possibility of being exposed. I just worry about having a newborn in the house and someone bringing H1N1 in close proximity. I'm trying to feel like I made the right decision getting us vaccinated.

As far as the rest of the weekend, we're really not sure about what to do other than spend time hanging out. Which isn't different from any other weekend, except Joe and I know this will be the last one of just the three of us. B doesn't fully grasp the baby sister concept, although I think he understands more than I had previously given him credit for. Joe and I might go to Sakura on Sunday for dinner, since that's where we went the night before B's scheduled c-section. And although I can't indulge in any sushi, I still enjoy the teppan yaki.

I have a ton of laundry to do, the nursery to finalize, the hospital bag to complete, and last minute grocery shopping ... and a bunch of other little things I'm sure. I really just need to get started, because once I get going it gets done pretty quickly ... it's just the getting started part that feels overwhelming.

I will post about the c-section once the loopy narcotics wear off. I'm really hoping to not be completely out of it all day Monday like I was after B's birth.

I'm so excited but also scared out of my mind.

No comments: