Thursday, January 14, 2010

Cry It Out

I think that's what I had to do because after I had my breakdown on Tuesday things have gotten progressively better.  Lillian started sleeping at night, which means I have been sleeping at night, which means I'm a much happier person.  I honestly don't know what happened but something seemed to click with her and she's been sleeping really well.  I started putting her to bed at 6:30pm, which I know sounds really early, but in baby-land it's not.  At this age Brandt was regularly going down between 6:45-7pm.  And I can tell she wants depserately to go to bed, because by 6:10 she's on the verge of completely losing it.  So I give her a quick bath, smear on a ton of Triple Paste, swaddle her up and put her to bed.  Just keep your fingers crossed that this trend continues.  At this point I don't really care that she's only taking 20-45 minute catnaps 4-5 times a day, as long as the night time sleep continues.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My kids both go to bed at 6 or 6:30, I don't care what people say, they need the sleep, and they wake up at the same time whether I put them to bed at 6 or 8, so. . .I enjoy my evenings!