Tuesday, January 5, 2010

High Maintenance

So far I have gotten the following items to help Lily sleep better:














I've also been trying to treat her horrible diaper rash that she's had since she was 2.5 weeks old. I think that was part of the reason she hadn't been sleeping well. I tried A&D ointment, Balmex, Desitin, Buttpaste, Aquaphor, Vaseline & hydrocortisone, FIVE different brands of diapers: Pampers, Huggies, Luvs, Seventh Generation, Nature Babycare. I even tried pouring breast milk on her bottom because breast milk has healing properties. I left her diaper off for 20 minutes at a time to let her air out and I took her to the pediatrician TWICE for it. The doctor was a waste of freaking money. My mom suggested corn starch and so did another mom I spoke with so I gave that a try. It helped for about 24 hours before the corn starch over-dried her skin and made it even more irritated. Think lobster-red sunburn on your butt. Finally I gave in and spent the money on this ridiculously expensive cream called Triple Paste. Her butt cream costs more than all of the products I use for my skin & hair COMBINED, which I guess doesn't say a whole lot about my beauty routine. But it's totally worth it because that's the only thing that healed her bottom.
Now I just need to get her sleep back on track because we've been regressing lately and I really need a night that does look like this: 12:30am wake up, 2:30am wake up, 3:45am wake up, 5:20am wake up. I know she'll get there but she's just taking her sweet time about it.

It's times like these when I wish my coffee was regular strength ... and Irish.

No comments: